Ads 468x60px

Dessert

Monday, April 26, 2010

Steamed Sea Bass With Taucu

I am dedicating this week as the Food Week coz it's all about food that I'm gonna blog about. I have a few recipes & restaurant's reviews stored in my database which will finally make their entry in Red Scoot On The Block.......yeeee haaaaaa !

Since I'll be tremendously busy this week with 400++ valves to quote, I guess it's the best time to finally published all those old entries deposits. At least I wont be feeling that bad for abandoning this blog for one whole week.

My first recipe for the week would be a old family recipe of mine. It is such a simple recipe yet so tasty that you yourself wont understand how a simple recipe can turned out to be very outstanding. I'll name this dish as Steamed Sea Bass With Taucu.





Ingredients

500 gm of Sea Bass (siakap)
4 shallots, thinly sliced
2 red chillies, sliced
( can swap with cili padi for a more powerful impact)
1 in ginger, cut to small pieces
3 tbsp taucu
1 sprig spring onion, cut into 2 cm length
1 tsp sugar


How To

- Make 2-3 diagonal slice along both sides of the fish.
- Combine all ingredients (except spring onions) in a bowl.
- Put 1/4 of the mixed ingredients on a shallow baking dish.
- Then, place the fish on top of those ingredients.
- Put the remaining ingredients evenly on the fish.
- Steam under high heat for a good 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the spring onions & steam for another 1 min.
- Ready to serve.



Notes

1. Other than Sea Bass, other white meat fish like Tenggiri & Kerisi are a good substitute/
2. The key for a perfect steamed fish lies on the fish itself - it's important that the fish is fresh.


So, am I right? It is super duper easy !


0 comments:

Post a Comment