Ads 468x60px

Dessert

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Prosperity Burger

.

Since I've started working again, I havent posted any recipes yet so far. It's not that I didnt cook - I did, it's just that I couldnt possibly find the time to upload the recipes here *sigh*. It's hard maintaining 2 blogs at the same time & guess what....I am about to have another one - yeah, call me crazy, by all means.

Anyway, this morning I've made a Prosperity Mini Burger for breakfast. You seemed pleasantly surprised seeing me assembling the pieces together during your regular morning rounds to the kitchen. And speaking of that, do you know that you are more or less putting pressure on me when you came into the kitchen every morning asking me what's the breakfast for the day.

I am glad you loved my choice of food for this morning - something different but bombastic indeed. I love black pepper & therefore this prosperity burger is definitely one of my fave. You, on the other hand doesnt favour black pepper that much, hence it's always a no-no for you.

Knowing this fact, I knew from the very beginning that I'm taking a big risk cooking something you dont like. But CNY is still months away & dont think I could wait that long for a bite of the prosperity burger. So, with that bit of selfishness in me, I've surprised you with this meal. And surprise...surprise.....you loved it !

So, lets check out the recipe here hon :


Photobucket


Prosperity Mini Burger
Source : MamaFami




Main ingredients :

Burger rolls ( I used the small rolls, 2" diameter rolls)
Beef burger or Chicken Burger
Onion ~ sliced
Tomato ~ sliced
Lettuce ~ sliced


The minimized beef patties for my mini burgers


The mould used for the beef patties


Blackpepper Sauce

2 cups chicken stock (I just add water and chicken cube)
1/4 cup fresh milk
1 - 2 tablespoons blackpepper ~ coarsely crushed
1/2 onion ~ diced
2 tablespoons sweet soya sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon margarine
3 tablespoons cornflour ~ mix with a bit of water
salt and sugar ~ if necessary

Method :

1. Heat oil and add in diced onion. Fry till fragrant. Add in the chicken stock and let it boil.

2. Add in crushed black pepper, sweet soya sauce, margarine, oyster sauce and sugar.

3. Finally pour in the cornflour mixture, a little at a time till you get the desired thickness.

4. Place the beef/chicken burger on a non stick pan and fry till cooked, without oil.

5. Dip the cooked burger into the sauce then take it out and place it on the rolls, layered with lettuce, tomato and onion.

6. Enjoy....



0 comments:

Post a Comment