Ads 468x60px

Dessert

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fried Chives Flower w/Fish Cake



I'm very sorry if I've disappoint some of my fellow readers by posting today's entry late evening like this. It is now 10.30 pm when I just started writing this entry......huhuhu. Thought of ditching out for the day but then the guilt is too strong that I couldnt do it. I've committed myself to this blog therefore it is my responsible to meet the needs of my readers in any way I possibly could.

I've been terribly busy the whole day today with the office works among my many other commitments that I just couldnt squeeze myself into writing this entry earlier. Tomorrow is a very special day for me where all of my hard work & effort for the past 1 month will finally materialized, insyallah. I cant wait to announce it here & share the good news with all of you.

Anyway, that's tomorrow's story. As for today, I'm gonna post a new recipe of mine which debuted last night as my dinner. I dunno whether you've heard of kuchai flowers ( or chives flowers in english ) before. For those who didnt know, kuchai flowers are a long green leaves with white flower bulbs at the end. Without the flowers, they look pretty similar to spring onions.

I was in the supermarket yesterday when I saw these leaves. Not that I've never seen it before but out of blue yesterday, I felt like trying out this particular vege. Honestly, I've never ever tasted it......let alone cooking a dish out of it. In a way, I'm sort of giving myself a challenge on chives flowers cooking. After getting all the appropriate ingredients to go along with it, I headed home feeling very anxious & excited.

As expected ( chewahhhh ), I pass with flying colours. It turned out to be a very tasty & healthy dish, both Marsya & myself enjoyed very much. Well, how difficult can it be for a stir fried vegetables, isnt it? You just need a lil' bit of creativity to make it a perfect dish.

So, this is what I did with chives flowers :


Ingredients
1 medium stalk of chives flowers
10 pcs of fresh sweet peas
10 medium sized prawns, shelled
1 packet of Enoki mushrooms
2 sticks of fish cake, sliced
3 garlics, crushed
5 pcs of bird-eyed chillies
1 medium sized onion, wedged
Salt to taste


How To
- Fry the garlic, onion & chillies till fragrant
- Add in the prawns & the sliced fish cakes. Fry for 1 min.
- Add the sweet peas & fry till soften. Do not over-cooked.
- Finally, toss in the chives & mushrooms.
- Add salt to taste.
- Dish out & serve when it's still hot.

Happy trying !


0 comments:

Post a Comment