Ads 468x60px

Dessert

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Spanish Omelette

IMG_4785

Prepared this omelette for Marsya’s breakfast this morning. I’ve got this recipe from the internet (cant recall which website already) & have been keeping it for quite some time already.

The original recipe is “Baked Spanish Omelette” coz it needs to be baked. But then, since baking @ 5.30 am in the morning is quite a hassle, I’ve to omit the baking part & replaced it by low-fire frying instead. Janji telur tu masak, ye tak?

I’m so delighted that my princess loves it. My baby is so damn fussy when it comes to food. Like Carol said, I’ve spoilt her too much by giving her good food all the time…..so, I’ve to accept the consequences lah kan. Whether I realized it or not, I’ve actually created a “mini me” which happens to be a bit more monstrous than me !

Brought 2 pieces to the office to be shared with the gals. Carol likes it too & she’s the one who requested me to post the recipe here :

Ingredients

4 large eggs

150 ml fresh milk

1 medium sized potato, diced

1 onion, diced

1 garlic, finely chopped

2 red chilli, finely chopped

2 green chilli, finely chopped

1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced

1 tomato, sliced

Salt & black pepper to taste

How To

tomato

Fry garlic, onion & chilies till fragrant. Add in potato.



tomato

Once the potato is half cooked, put in the mushrooms. Fry till the potato is soft. Dont forget to add in the salt.



tomato

Beat the eggs lightly with a fork. Add in milk, salt & black pepper & beat again till well mixed.



tomato

Use the 12 cm pan to make this omelette. Put 3 tbsp of the potatoes mixture into the pan.



tomato

Pour in the eggs mixture till enuff to cover the potatoes ingredients. Put a slice of the tomato on top.



tomato

Make sure you used the smallest flame.Cover the pan & wait till the egg is a bit hard – hard enuff to flip it over.



tomato

Serve once the egg is well cooked.



0 comments:

Post a Comment