Ads 468x60px

Dessert

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Thai Style Steamed Siakap


Cooked this for dinner last nite. While on my bike, I suddenly had the craving for a steamed fish. So, I made a detour to Tesco right away in a quest for a steamed fish. This is a very simple recipe which requires less than half an hour of both preparation & cooking time. And yet the result is just marvelous.

This time, I'm gonna present my recipe in a "Step by Step" manner. Was a bit rajin last nite to snap the pics while cooking. So, here we go......


The fish, that is siakap (sea bass)

The basic ingredients


The must-have sauces ( these particular ones, akak import dari Bangkok lagi nih !)


Fry the lemon grass, cili padi, garlics, galangal & lime leaves for a while


Add in the onions & fry till fragrant


Add 1 - 2 cups of plain water, 1 tbsp fish sauce, 1 1/2 tbsp lime sauce & 1 tbsp sugar


Put in the fish & cover the pan. Cook for 5 minutes under medium fire. Turn over the fish & cook for another 5 minutes.


Add in the vegetables, if desired. In my case, I've used mushrooms & celeries. Cook till the vegetables are soft.


Voila ! Bon Apetit !


0 comments:

Post a Comment