Ads 468x60px

Dessert

Monday, June 27, 2011

Beancurd Rolls

.
This is a new recipe of mine inspired by the many Dim Sum dishes I've tried before. I was doing the groceries at Tesco one day when I saw the soft beancurd sheet which immediately gives me an idea for this special recipe.



The fillings are more or less the same as Siew Mai but for this particular roll, I've added some black fungus, carrots & water chestnuts. The outcome as you've tasted it was simply amazing. The only setback was that, it was a bit salty to my taste but surprisingly you didnt think so. Maybe bcoz you love it so much that it overrules your taste buds.

From my observation / investigation, the beancurd sheet was not as tasteless as I thought it was. I tasted both the sheets & fillings separately & that's how I came to know that the beancurd sheets were already salty. Hence, no salt should be added in the fillings anymore. Points to be noted.

Let's check out the recipe of this delicious delicacy :


Photobucket

Beancurd Rolls
Source : Belle du Chef




Ingredients

Few pieces of soft beancurd sheets
200 gm minced chicken
150 gm minced prawns
3 pcs water chestnut, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 stalk spring onion, finely cut
2 pcs black fungus, finely shredded
1 tbsp chicken stock granules
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp pepper


How To

Mix all ingredients together (except the beancurd sheets).

Lay the beancurd sheet & spray some water to soften it. Be careful not to over-spray as it'll make the sheet becomes too soft, thus difficult to roll.

Spread the fillings mixture evenly on the sheet leaving approximately 1 inch of space on each side.



Then carefully roll the sheet by folding the edges from both the sides first. Dab some water at the end of the roll to seal it.




You can either fry or steam the rolls whichever is preferred.

Cut the fried / steamed rolls into 1 cm thick pieces & serve with chilli sauce.


0 comments:

Post a Comment