Ads 468x60px

Dessert

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Custard Puffs

.
I've made this puffs once, a few years back when you were still too small to appreciate food. But then, it's a good thing that you didnt know much about food then since my first attempt to make these puffs was a complete failure. I can imagine your sarcastic remarks & looks after taken your first bite....euwwww scaryyy !!!

Anyway, this time around equipped with a few years cooking experience behind my back, I would say my Custard Puffs are a great success. My puffs shrunk the first time I did it but this time they are just perfect - crispy & puffy like they are supposed to be. And with these kindof puffs, I am more than pleased to present them to my personal food critics for I know I'll be getting a big hug from her !


Photobucket

Custard Puffs
Source : HomeKreation




Ingredients

250 ml water
78 g butter
93 g Flour
4 eggs


How To

1. Place water & butter in a saucepan & boil.

2. Remove from heat & add flour, all at once.

3. Beat with wooden spatula until well mixed.

4. Return to heat & stir until smooth & non-sticky. Set aside to cool.

5. Beat in egg, one at a time until light.

6. Pipe or spoon onto greased baking tray.

7. Bake @ 250C for 10 mins, then 180C for 15 mins or till golden.

8. Inject custard filling.





Ingredients ( for the custard )

2 egg yolks
50 g castor sugar ( I add another 1 tbsp )
30 g flour
200 ml fresh milk


How To

1. Mix all ingredients & stir under low heat till mixture becomes thick & glossy.

2. Alternatively, microwave for 5 mins & stir every 1 min. ( anyway, I didnt try this method )


0 comments:

Post a Comment