Ads 468x60px

Dessert

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Massalavadei

.
This is the same scenario as the Fried Apple Pie. When I was busy preparing this kuih in the kitchen, you came in & ask what was I doing? After I told you that I was making a Massalavadei, you make a sulking face while telling me that you dont like it.

But then, again I've proven you wrong. After frying a few pieces, you end up eating most of them. All I did was to sit back & enjoy looking at you finishing the kuih you "dont" like!


Photobucket


Massalavadei
Source : Belle du Chef




Ingredients

1 cup of dhall, soaked overnight
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 red chillies, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
3 sprigs curry leaves, chopped
1 tbsp anchovies granules stock
1 tbsp anise seeds, coarsely pounded
1 tsp salt (or to taste)


How To

1. Using the dry blender, blend the dhall leaving some un-blended.

2. Place all the dhall in a big bowl & combine it with all other ingredients.

3. Shape dhall mixture into small balls, slightly press it into a disc shape.




4. If the mixtures are too soft, add 1 - 2 tbsp cornflour to thicken it.

5. Prepare fryer or deep skillet at medium heat with oil.

6. Place the dhall dough into the hot oil.

7. Fry each on both sides until golden brown.



0 comments:

Post a Comment