Ads 468x60px

Dessert

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Coconut Jelly




Hi Princess,
.
If you still remember, it was during our trip to Kota Kinabalu that we first tasted this Coconut Jelly & it was certainly love at a first bite. Honestly, it's not that I've never seen it here in KL ( what cant you get in KL, anyway? ) but the plain looking jelly never really caught my attention, let alone my appetite (yours is even worse). But then, I shouldnt have judge the taste by it's look coz looks can sometimes deceive you !

That's me & Acu with the finished jelly....but where were you then? Oppsss.....you're the one snapping the pic....hehehehe



Ever since our Sabah trip, we've never missed out buying this jelly whenever we bumped into them. When Tesco started selling the young coconut juice & flesh in a plastic container, I know one day I would be able to serve you my very own Coconut Jelly.

I got this recipe from the net ( really sorry, I cant remember the name of the website ) but I've reduced the amount of water used (since I feel 8 cups is a bit too much). The taste as how you described it : SUPERBLY GOOD !!!!

Photobucket

Coconut Jelly
Source : Idazs




Ingredients (makes about 20 cups)


10 grams jelly powder
2 cups sugar
8 cups coconut juice
6 cups water
2 pcs pandan leaves
Young coconut flesh


How To

1. Mix all ingredients (except for the coconut filling) & set to boil.

2. Cut the young coconut flesh into thin strips & place them in the moulds

3. Pour the jelly mix into the moulds & leave to cool.


0 comments:

Post a Comment