Ads 468x60px

Dessert

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fried Mee Lidi

.
My Dear Marsya,

As far as I know, Kuay Tiaw is your number one favourite noodles and Mi Lidi comes next, while bee hoon is a no-no. And speaking of that, when was the last time I fried bee hoon at home ? Must have been ages, I supposed. Hehehe...no worries dear - I can always get it elsewhere if I feel like having it.



FYI, this is how your Mi Lidi looks like. And bear in mind that you can only get it in Kuantan. Dont ask me why but that's the fact - they are just not sold in KL. I've checked every shops, markets, hypermarkets & supermarkets in KL but none of them has it here. If you noticed, every time we went back to Kuantan, I always took the opportunity to stock up these noodles. I bought like 10 packets of them - one shot.

One thing with this Mi Lidi is that, it is best fried with dried prawns. You can still use the fresh ones though but personally, I preferred the dried prawns better.


Photobucket


Fried Mee Lidi
Source : Belle du Chef




Ingredients

1/2 packet of Mi Lidi
3 shallots, pounded
6 garlic, pounded
1 - 2 tbsp chilli paste
1 large eggs
1/2 cup of dried prawns, soaked & pounded
2 cups of shredded cabbage
A handful of chives, cut into 1 cm length
1 tbsp chicken stock granules
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp salt (or to taste)




How To

Boil water, add the noodles & simmer till the noodles are cooked.

Remove from the fire & drain out all the water. Run cold water through it to discharge excess starch.

Beat the egg lightly & make a scramble out of it. Set aside.

Heat oil & fry the onions & garlic till fragrant. Add in the chilli paste & stir well till the chilli is completely cooked & the colour turned into a darker shade.

Then add the dried prawns & stir for another minute. Put in the oyster, dark soya sauce, salt & a bit of sugar.

Finally, add the scrambled egg, cabbage & chives, along with the boiled noodles. Mix well.

Dish out once the vegetables are cooked. Ready to serve.


1 comments:

sharir (real name) PIECE! :) said...

At first, it's kinda 'okay'...
The second time I did it, it's delicious...
Thanks for the recipe!!!

Post a Comment